Recently, It is being seen people lose their laptops/PC, data and worry about that. One thing we need to keep in our mind is that a computer is just hardware that can be crashed or even theft at any time. So backing up your important data is necessary. You can make use of any popular cloud storage for the purpose like OneDrive which is an inbuilt cloud storage service of Microsoft. or Dropbox, Google Drive, and MEGA each give free storage for personal usage. Choose the appropriate one and create an account on it.
Cloud backup – Google vs Dropbox vs OneDrive vs MEGA
- Microsoft OneDrive: 5GB (free)
- Google Drive: 15GB (free)
- MEGA: 20GB (free)
- Dropbox: 2GB (free)
Back up any file—anywhere, anytime
You can store all important files safely in your cloud storage account. With access to your Cloud storage files from any device, operating system, or platform, you can work and collaborate on any documents with ease. with or without having an internet connection you can work on files while offline, from your desktop computer, Android, iPhone. Once you get back online, your files and folders will automatically sync with any edits you made when you weren’t connected.
Get extra assurance
Losing precious data, family photos or unintentionally deleting work files–like when your computer/phone goes missing or your external drive stops working–can be stressful. Explore the advantages of file backup with a cloud:
- Accidents happen, but cloud backup services help make recovering your lost files easier. It’s simple and straightforward to do
- When you move or delete a file in your cloud storage folder or on the web, they’ll confirm it’s the action you want to take. This ensures fewer opportunities for accidental data loss.
- Set up key folders like Desktop, Documents, and Downloads to backup and sync automatically. Relax knowing that all your important files are safe in cloud storage and backed up multiple times.
Recover your files
If your files are accidentally deleted, lost, or updated too early, there’s no need to worry. All cloud storage providers give you file recovery and version history, you can restore your deleted files or previous versions of work without missing a beat.
By default, Dropbox/Google Drive/MEGAsync backs up all of your individual files, including early versions of files, for a full 30 days
Dropbox is the platform I have been using for a long time, the personal subscription is 2GB only and that is enough for me to sync all my documents including my research data across my three devices (Debian OS, Windows 10, and Android phone).
Download the client application
Video Tutorials on How to Install and Use
- Using Microsoft OneDrive on Windows PC: https://youtu.be/Xa-lx5bLF5o
- Using Google Drive on Windows PC: https://youtu.be/Jutt5rS7WEU
- Using Dropbox on Windows PC: https://youtu.be/X5ydhYdLP6Y
- Using MEGA on Windows PC: https://youtu.be/gCoVU48pBC0