It is, with great pleasure, that I announce the initiation of a Finishing Program for Library and Information Science Students (FPLISS). This course will teach students the finer aspects of personal, practical, and technical skills over and above academic qualifications. Actually, this course is framed out of the uncertainties of my juniors and other freshly out MLISc students related to the day-to-day functions of a library. Please do note that this is not a traditional etiquette course, but a finishing program intended to enhance students’ skills and teach them how to become the most polished and confident version of themselves.
- How to start your career as a fresher
- How to purchase books to the library; Its process, documentation, etc
- How to subscribe periodicals in a library (physical & e-version)
- How to document and maintain various registers in a library
- How to improve your personal development & ICT skills
- How to become a marketable library professional
DATE AND TIME
September 25-30, 2022 at 7PM – 9PM
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Freshly out BLISc/MLISc graduates and the people who just started their careers as librarians
Registration is free
Online registration page:
Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), East Campus
Thevara, Kochi – 682013, Kerala, India
Mobile: +91 9567 664 972