It was my pleasure to be the co-resource person in the ten-day national virtual workshop on the Koha integrated library system conducted by unity services, Kottayam, Kerala.
It was a nice experience with the seventy-five participants from various parts of India. We discussed all modules on koha, the basics of Linux, and the configuration of Koha in the cloud environment.
I am grateful to Dr. Vimal Kumar sir and Mr. Subeesh Gopinathan for choosing me as one of the tutors for the workshop.
Thank you all.
It was my pleasure to be the resource person in the four days workshop on Koha conducted by Sunniyya Arabic College Chennamangallur, Mukkam Calicut, Kerala, India.
The following were the highlights of the workshop
- Selection and management of Open Source software in the library
- Basic Linux training
- Learning of Koha installation on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Hands-on training of Koha modules
- Tips for system maintenance and administration
- How to utilize Koha community support
Thank you, Mrs. Shadiya Muhammed, the librarian, and the college for the awesome days.
It is my pleasure to had a session in the 10 days of Koha online training program (Malayalam) conducted by unity services, changanassery, Kottayam, Kerala. My session was on “Getting Started with Koha in the Cloud” under which I tried to convince the candidates about the factors which are taken into consideration while working with the cloud. the following areas have been discussed in the session along with a practical demonstration.
- How to deploy a VPS/Cloud Server
- How to register a Domain name
- An introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Upcloud
- Things to do after getting a VPS/Cloud server
- Koha installation – domain based
- Setting up FREE SSL Certificate
Of course, It was a nice experience with Dr. Vimal Kumar sir, Mr. Subeesh Gopinathan, and the entire candidates. although my session was purely a technical side, I hope candidates could have understood what are the things that are being done behind the configuration at least.
Once again, I extend my thanks to all.